Saturday 10 May 2014

My fully lined self drafted floral Summer frock

It was a cold wet rainy day, but when I saw this fabric I was transported to a world where it's tropical and I I'm soaking up the sun and looking fabulous in my full skirted summer frock.

Four meters of material and loads of pattern paper later, here is the frock I created.  All from my imagination and lined with green polycotton that I got for a bargain.

Well pleased, but one silly mistake, decided last minute to shorten the shoulder seam and in doing so, raised up my bust darts by 0.5 cm.   The fabric kinda hides it so its OK and it got a couple of complements.

Overall I'm happy with my design, I'll be making this again.




Here is my wonderful assistant modelling the frock
The line drawing my self drafted pattern is based on

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth
    Thanks for taking the time out to comment!
    I'm pleased that you like it.
    All the best

    J. xxx

    ReplyDelete